"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, May 18, 2018

have a beautiful day...

Hello there!  I'm popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (stencil it), Freshly Made Sketches and Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge (stencil it).  Back in March I purchased the April Simon Says Stamp card kit and one of the items in the kit was a beautiful butterflies stencil.  I had used lots of items from the kit, but not the stencil and so when I saw the two SSS challenges I knew just what stencil I would use for those two challenges.   I pulled out a piece of woodgrain cardstock and stenciled some of the butterflies on to it using BoBunny glitter paste in Buttercup.   There are also little dots in the stencil and so I used BoBunny glitter paste in pumpkin to stencil some dots randomly around the butterflies once the yellow glitter paste had dried.  I then had to figure out how I was going to use the panel and decided to use it for the FMS challenge.  Because I didn't want to completely cover up the panel that I had just stenciled with the beautiful glittery butterflies and dots I decided to use vellum.  I cut down a piece of vellum into a square and then stamped the sentiment from the SSS Beautiful Day stamp set and the leaf image on the vellum with VersaMark watermark ink and then embossed in white.  I then colored the back of the leaves with two green makers and adhered the panel using rolled up glue dots placed behind the stamping.  I finished off the card by adding some sequins in yellow (although some look green) in two sizes and tiny silver ones.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Lemon Tart, Ranger Woodgrain, PTI vellum; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Stencil:  Simon Says Stamp; Ink:  VersaMark;  Glitter paste:  BoBunny; Sequins:  Simon Says Stamp

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty take on the sketch! I like the buttery yellow and your embossing on vellum. Marvelous card Rosemary!

Greta said...

If this isn't a winner I don't know what is! Yellow isn't even a color I lean to, but I can't take my eyes off this card, Rosemary! Would never have thought to use embossing paste on woodgrain paper--love it! Now I wish I had that stencil!

Linda Callahan said...

Your vellum panel is gorgeous! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!!

Nancy said...

Oh this is so pretty, Rosemary! The vellum makes such a lovely, soft look!

Anita in France said...

Soft and lovely, Rosemary ... the delicate embossed vellum overlay is such a delicious contrast to those bright, shimmery butterflies! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! The soft vellum over the butterflies is just perfect for the "beautiful day" sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! It's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Greta said...

No disrespect to the winner, but how this wasn't the winner is beyond me!