"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 16, 2017

butterflies and a bunny...

Hello!!  Stopping in on this very soggy day with a couple of cards I made recently.  The first card uses items from the March My Monthly Hero kit.   I could not resist this kit because... BUNNIES!!! I love bunnies... seriously!!   We have a family of bunnies living in and around our yard and right now the babies have been scampering around.  They are just too cute!!   My kit arrived this past weekend and once I had some time I stamped all three of the bunny images from the set on watercolor paper and colored them up with my ZIGs.  One of the adult bunnies and several of the babies are black so I tried to color one black, but it didn't turn out so well.  I'm not giving up though!  The other two were colored light brown and turned out much better.  One you see on my card.  The kit also includes this fun die that cuts a piece of "ground" that also has slits in it that you can use to "plant" all the little veggies that come in the kit.  I cut a piece from watercolor paper and then colored it with a dark brown ZIG.  The cute little fence that you see in the back is also a die from the kit.  I stamped both sizes of carrots on watercolor paper, colored them with ZIGs and then die cut with the matching dies.  I then "planted" all my carrots and the little bunny.  Everything was adhered to a light blue cardstock base and some brown twine added to the top.  There is no sentiment at this time, but I will come up with something later.  I just love how this turned out!!  Going to add this to the 30 day coloring challenge.
The second card uses the super sweet Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams stamp set.  The layout is based on the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  The background is a Reverse Confetti Quick Card and was the basis for where I went color-wise.  The banners were die cut from woodgrain cardstock with a die from the RC Tag Me die set.   I hadn't used a bright pink in a long time so I thought that would be perfect pop of color for my card.  I stamped the butterflies and then die cut them with the matching dies.  Layered everything up against a light gray cardstock panel and then added little heart shaped enamel dots to the centers of the smaller butterflies.  Clean and simple, but I like it!!


Wishing you a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Cardstock:  White, SSS Fog, Sea Glass, RC Quick Card, Ranger woodgrain and watercolor; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti and Hero Arts; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and Hero Arts; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers; My Mind's Eye black enamel hearts; Hemptique  hemp twine 

10 comments:

Margot said...

The card with te bunny and all the carrots made my day!!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Just love the bunny card Rosie, what a great earth die with the carrots sticking up!
Val x

Greta said...

I love bunnies, too & your card is absolutely darling, Rosemary! The butterfly card is amazing--gorgeous images & color combo--love the flags for the rectangles in the sketch! It's actually a gorgeous sunny day down here, but rain is coming back, of course!

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE bunnies too!! We have some that frequent our backyard to nibble on the lawn. I think they feel safe since it's fenced in. This card is just as cute as cute can be!! And those butterflies are delightful! Love these Rosemary!

Petra Swart said...

Having a family of bunnies in and around your yard ...oh, that must be so fun ...I loooooooove bunnies, too ...aren't they not just the sweetest little creatures, hey!!!!??? And what a darling card you have made with that bunny that is happily collecting all his yummy carrots, Rosemary!!!! He is so adorable and I think you coloured him perfectly!!!!! Such a fun and very cute card, my friend ...love the sweet scene you created ...has me smiling!!!!! And your butterfly card ...very stylish and elegant ...I love that patterned paper you used!!!! Your combination of colours are simply beautiful!!!! Wonderfully done ...LOVE it!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling garden with all the carrots, Rosemary, and I love your butterfly card too!!

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are fantastic! Way to rock the March MMH kit!
LOVE how you added the butterflies in your second card! Thanks for joining us for the March Reverse Confetti SFYTT!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness Rosi, I just love this scene! The bunny with his garden of carrots! Sooooooooooooooo cute! Awesome card. That kit looks fun and filled with good stuff. Love how you arranged your butterflies!

Anita in France said...

The crispness of the gingham and white with the vibrant pink butterflies is just lovely, Rosemary ... and your bunny scene ... oh my goodness, it's brilliant! That little guy amid all those yummy carrots is just adorable! Hope the real bunnies aren't eating all the plants in your garden! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a darling...sweet first card. The recipient will certainly have lots of smiles when they open the envelope. And what a pretty second card--I love the color combination.