"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Christmas Holly...

Hello!!  Stopping in with a Christmas card for the current Merry Monday Christmas challenge to create a clean and simple card.  I paired the MM challenge with the current Freshly Made Sketches layout to create my card.  The other day I decided to play around with watercoloring with the one package of Distress Crayons that I own and decided to use an older Hero Arts Holly cling stamp.  I don't recall the name of the stamp because I threw the packaging away so if someone out there does... please let me know.  I haven't played along with Merry Monday since early December because I needed a break from Christmas cards, but when my sweet bloggy friend, Linda, gave me a lovely shout out on her blog I just had to play along!  Please make sure you head to Linda's blog to check out her amazing CAS Christmas card!!  I stamped the holly on some watercolor paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then colored it up with Peeled Paint and Festive Berries distress crayons.  When the panel was dry I die cut it down with an AJVD Stitched Dot rectangle die, added some additional Peel Paint crayon and then applied Nuvo Glitter Drops White Blizzard to the berries.   Because the panel is rather small I needed a small sentiment and found that in the PTI stamp set Merry Little Christmas.  To add a little something to the light gray card base I stamped it with the holly image twice using a light gray ink.  the panel was matted with red cardstock and adhered using foam dots.  To little buttons in a shade similar to the holly leaves finished off the card.

Hope you have a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog and dark red, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  Hero Arts and PaperTrey Ink; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Watercolor medium:  Ranger Distress crayons; Nuvo Glitter Drops; PTI green buttons


12 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--so creative & artistic & gorgeous! You are an amazing designer, my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Perfect card for both challenges, Rosemary! Just love the tone-on-tone holly in the background and how you colored the holly in the featured rectangle!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft holly in the background! This is beautiful Rosemary. I like that you added the buttons in place of the banners!

Canonbury creations said...

Love the design Rosie and the muted holly background.
Val x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Nice to see you back! Another beautiful Christmas card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Colleen said...

Nice to have you back after a little break! Awesome card, I love the lay9ut and the added stamped image above the water colored piece! Thank you for sharing this at Merry Monday!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the background and the beautifully coloured holly leaves! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Rosemary, like how you restamped the holly outline on your base panel.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, such a clever idea to do the stamping on the card base to add that little something to make the card extra special!!!! Love your beautiful coloured image!!!!! You always make the most wonderful cards for the FMS challenge - I think this one is going to be one of the picks for the week!!!!
Hugz

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi, I love the bit of background stamping.

Karren said...

Wonderful Christmas card! The holly looks fabulous and colored so beautifully with the distress crayons. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.