"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 15, 2016

grateful...thankful...blessed...

Hello!!  Haven't been in the mood to do much crafting lately so the other day I just decided to make something and see if that would kick my creative funk out the door!  It worked... sort of, lol!! I did get two cards made and I'm sharing one of them today.  This is for the new Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenges.  Fall is in the air I cannot wait to get me some pumpkins!! I absolutely love pumpkins!!! In the meantime I created a card with a pumpkin on it!  Last year I purchased the Reverse Confetti Pumpkin Patch stamp set and the matching dies after pumpkin season had passed so this is the first time I have actually used these stamps and dies.  I inked up the pumpkin with some Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe, the leaves in SU!'s Coastal Cabana and the stem and curlicues in SU!'s Smoky Slate.  Everything was die cut with the matching dies and then I got to layering up my elements.  A couple of strips of patterned paper from an older Webster's Pages line called Family Traditions were cut and adhered on my white panel.  I put together my pumpkin and adhered it with foam dimensionals.  The panel was adhered to a light grey cardstock base and I was done.  Clean and simple pumpkin perfection, lol!!! 
 




Hope you have a wonderful day...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, white; Patterned paper:  Webster's Pages; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts and Stampin Up!

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Rosemary! The pumpkin is perfect for the circle element in the sketch!

Karren said...

Beautiful - the neutral background makes these gorgeous subtle shades shine and I just love how you've used the sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm really loving this sketch and you've highlighted the throwdown colors so beautifully! I forgot all about this stamp set in my stash...you've inspired me to get it inky! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Virginia L. said...

Spot on, Rosemary!! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Clean and Simple” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Lisa Lara said...

I love that pumpkin Rosi!

Kara Lynne said...

Great use of the colors and sketch! That is a wonderful pumpkin!

Greta said...

I love pumpkins, too--need to pull mine out. What a gorgeous & modern card, Rosemary!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card... Great use of the sketCh and colors! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Anita in France said...

Cute and crisp and so deliciously CAS, Rosemary ... you so kicked that creative funk out the door with this delight! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim S said...

Perfect for the sketch!! That fabulous pumpkin totally pops on the simple strips. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a darling card!
Love how you used the sketch.