"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Another Round of CASology with Lisa!

Hey friends!!  Well... Lisa and I are at it again.  We have challenged each other to make a card using this week's CASology cue word of rough.   I also used the new layout from CAS(E) this Sketch so I will be adding my card to their gallery, as well.  I have been wanting to get some woodgrain cardstock for sometime now and when I was at my local craft store, Artco, I saw that they were carrying Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain cardstock so I picked up a packaged.  When I saw the cue word it made me think of the woodgrain carstock as it has a rough texture.  I die cut a daisy from the cardstock using an A Jillian Vance Design Daisy Trio die set and then I colored it with a yellow ZIG Clean Color marker (I just can't seem to create a card without them right now!!) and some clean water.  The sentiment (which also fits the rough theme) from the A Jillian Vance Design Get Well Wishes was stamped on black cardstock using VersaMagic watermark ink, I applied white embossing powder and heat set it.  I think I will add the sentiment "I am here for you" to the inside of the card.  The background cardstock is Tim Holtz Motif Resist cardstock and also has a woodgrain texture.  I applied some light grey ink to the resist cardstock for a subtle background for the daisy.  Today has been a weird day with is sort of gloomy, but then sort of sunny.  It made it hard to get a good picture of my card and in most of the pictures you could not see the grey inked background.   Finally I was able to get a good photo this afternoon!





Thanks for stopping by today... I would love to hear your thoughts!  Make sure you check out what Lisa made... I know it will be something super clever!!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS Fog, Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain and Resist Motif; Inks:  SSS Fog and Smoke, VersaMark watermark ink; Stamps:  A Jillian Vance Design; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Embossing powder:  Filigree white

13 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love he little challenge between you and Lisa... fun idea Rosemary!
Your card is gorgeous! Perfect for our sketch at CTS and for the cue at CASology!

Karren said...

Perfect take on the cue word and a fabulous card!

Lisa Lara said...

oh I love where you went with this Rosi. Love the subtle woodgrain background, bright sweet daisy and love that sentiment for the cue!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a fabulous take on the challenges. Every detail is simply perfect. Beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch Rosemary, this is marvelous!!

Greta said...

Perfect use of the sketch, Rosemary--love this!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! Love the woodgrain!

Unknown said...

Rosie, this is such a beautiful card, and would undoubtedly lift the spirits of anyone going through a rough time! I love your colour choice and the way you layered your elements to create a knockout focal point. So glad you and Lisa challenged each other to play along at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Love the shading on the daisy! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week, Rosemary!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Rosemary!! I'm totally in love with your card. So pretty and it fits the cue card perfectly. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that stunning daisy, Rosemary - so beautiful in bright yellow against the soft grey!!! Love that texture on the woodgrain cs - so perfect to use for the cue card!!! What a lovely sentiment, too!!! So beautiful, my friend!!!
Hugz

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at CTS!