"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, May 27, 2016

just a note...

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a card I made for several challenges:  Essentials by Ellen May Pin Sights, Freshly Made Sketches and ColourQ.   I was so happy to see that some of the colors in the beautiful pin-sights mood board corresponded nicely with the colors for the current ColourQ.  I used multiple Essentials by Ellen sets to make this card.  I started by die cutting a white panel of cardstock and then placing the panel in my mini MISTI.  The large flower from the Bold Blooms set was placed in the spot where I wanted it on the panel and then I used the "door" of the MISTI to pick it up.  The image was inked up with Delicata Golden Glitz ink and then stamped.  Since I was using the MISTI I was able to reink the image and then stamp again to get really good coverage.  The two flowers were cut from Calypso Coral cardstock using the Bold Blossoms dies and then the white flowers were cut with the Bold Blooms dies.  Those were then layered together.  The leaves from the Bold Blossoms set were die cut from light grey and adhered together.  The sentiment is from the Essentials by Ellen Fancy Thanks set.  I cut a strip of black cardstock, stamped the sentiment using watermark ink, applied gold embossing powder and heat set.  Then it was time to layer everything up, add a few sequins and adhere the panel to a card base.  I'm also going to post this to the current Time Out challenge as I used flowers on my card and there theme this time is to be inspired by the following quote: 'May all your weeds be wild flowers'
 

Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white; PTI black, SU! Calypso Coral, SSS fog; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen and A Jillian Vance Design; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Inks:  Delicata Golden Glitz, VersaMark watermark ink

14 comments:

Betty said...

this is so pretty Rosie - love everything about - and i pinned it!

Jen Mitchell said...

Those big flowers are so gorgeous! I love how they look in these colors and the touch of black and gold really make this so elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

Oh so beautiful, Rosemary! I have to keep changing my "favorite by Rosemary"--now it's this one! Perfect use of the colors & sketch!

nancy littrell said...

Simply Beautiful Rosie. I love your CAS design using your die cut flowers and pretty color combo. TFS

Estelle TBT said...

Such a pretty and elegant card! Love your roses.

Karren said...

Beautiful light and airy CAS card.

Anita in France said...

Oooh, crisp and fresh, Rosemary ... and so pretty ... the gold's luscious! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

A clear design and so much dept! Looks good! Thank you for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, what a beauty this is! Every detail is simply beautiful. I love it!

HUGS! ♥

Carol D said...

I love this! It's simple, yet striking.

Sylvia said...

What a pretty card, Rosemary, and very trendy as well! So glad to see you at the colourQ.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh i love this card! So elegant and perfect use of those dies. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Lisa Elton said...

That little bit of bling is just perfect and I love the gray leaves! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Petra Swart said...

Love those beautiful scribble flowers and how you have used the colours, Rosemary!!!! The grey leaves are really pretty and the gold sentiment and sequins work wonderfully to complete the picture!!! Gorgeous!!!
Hugz