"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 8, 2016

a vase of flowers...

Hey friends!! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  Hope you have a wonderful day.  We are going to head out later to spend some time up north of us in the little town of Woodenville, WA.  They have a beautiful nursery called Molbak's and we are going there.  And there will most likely be a few other stops along the way!!  Have a card to share that I made using the current MFT sketch and the colors from ColourQ.   Every week I take a look at the MFT sketch and tell myself that I'm going to make something, but it never happens.  I was determined to play along this week with some yummy new MFT stamps and dies.  I used the MFT Beautiful Blooms stamps and dies for the card.  Using my mini MISTI made it so easy to line up all the little flowers... love it!!   The vase was die cut from white cardstock and then I inked it with some Stampin Up! Coastal Cabana to look like it was full of water.  The flowers and stems were stamped using SU!'s Certain Celery and Rose Red inks, as well as Hero Arts Pale Tomato.   The panel behind the vase of flowers was die cut using an MFT Inside and Out die-namics die.   Love that stitched edge.  To break up all the white I added a panel of kraft cardstock that I embossed with some burlap for a bit of texture.  Finished things up with a little banner stamped with a happy birthday sentiment.  Hmmm... now I think maybe I should have found a "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment!  Since this is a pretty clean and simple card I think I will also add it to the Creative with Stamps line up.





Thanks for stopping by....


Supplies:  Cardstock: white; kraft; Stamps: MFT and AJVD; Dies:  MFT; Inks:  Stampin Up! SU!, Hero Arts and VersaFine; burlap fabric

16 comments:

Greta said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Rosemary--sounds like a fun outing! Love your new MFT goodies & your beautiful card!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Rosi. I love the blue vase.

Anita in France said...

Sounds as though you had a great day planned, Rosemary ... hope it was lovely! Your card certainly is ... those delicate blooms are gorgeous in the softly sponged vase ... so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Sounds as if you had a great MD, Rosemary!!!!
And this is another absolutely FABULOUS card!!!! Oh, I love those cute little flowers!!! I can just look and look at your card and admire what you've done here!!!! I really like the idea to do the strip at the side in white!!! This is for sure a winner in my books - it is simply GORGEOUS!!!!
Have a great day!!
Hugz

Martha said...

OH, what a beauty this is, Rosemary! Love your take on the sketch.

Your outing sure sounds like fun.

walchowDesign said...

Everything is so well balanced on this card. Usually, I see side stripes with pp and I do like how the simple white turned out. Hope you had a wonderful time with your family!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza is this ever pretty!! Love the inking on your vase and the wispy little flowers. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops...forgot to thank you for joining us at ColourQ!

Karren said...

Love this! So soft and pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful - I love the colours and your design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CWS this month, Jo x

Billie A said...

OH wow I love this die and the colors you used. Great layout and so glad you shared it over at Creative with Stamps. Also love the color choices.

Lilian said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower + vase! Great design!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Rubeena I. said...

This is beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

Barb Ghig said...

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, Rosemary! Beautiful job creating the ombre effect on your vase and your flowers are so pretty! As always, your card is really beautiful!

stempelfrida said...

I saw your card at the Creative with Stamps challenge blog and wanted to stop by to let you know, that I really like it a lot. The design is fabulous, the layout great and the colour choice is adorable. I love the soft look of the vase and the tiny flowers. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de