"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 22, 2016

happy birthday wishes...

Hey friends!!  Friday is here... yay!!  I'm especially excited for the weekend because my niece is here for her baby shower.  She lives in California and so I don't get to see her that often.  I'm sure that her mom, my sister, is working on trying to get her to move back here to Washington state once the baby is born.  Anyway... the card I'm sharing today isn't a card for her shower it is a birthday card that I made using the current layout from Freshly Made Sketches as well as the current ColourQ combo.  I pulled out three different Stampin Up! sets to create this pretty simple design.   I admit I love butterflies and flowers... my stamp collection is full of butterflies and flowers.  I could probably make a card a day for a month and make only a small dent in the number of flower/butterfly sets I have, lol!  And that collection is only growing... hee hee!   Before completing my card I fiddled around with the colors to get the layering right.   The hydrangea (from SU!'s Because I Care) was stamped in the coral color and then the little dotted strip (from SU!'s Watercolor Wings) was over stamped in black.  The butterfly (also from Watercolor Wings) was stamped using aqua and gold inks and then die cut with the matching die.  Stamped the sentiment (from Simply Sketched) , attached the butterfly and I was done.  I think I will also enter this in the current Paper Players challenge (CAS with a butterfly).   And since this is a rather feminine card I will also add it to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (girly).






Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Simon Says Stamp fog; Stamps:  SU! Watercolor Wings, Because I Care, Simply Sketched; Dies:  SU! Butterfly Thinlets, A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle; Inks:  SU! Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana, Delicate Golden Glitz, VersaFine Onyx Black;

15 comments:

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Rosie! Love the flower and sweet butterfly.Enjoy seeing your niece too ☺Viv xx

Greta said...

Beautifully stamped, Rosemary--gorgeous butterfly! Have fun at the shower!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a delightful collage of elements Rosemary! Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ! Congrats to your niece, enjoy the baby shower!!

Hannelie said...

Absolutely beautiful card Rosemary!
Thanks for joining the Paper Players!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! That hydrangea is one of my all-time favorite stamps and you've used it perfectly here. Great interpretation of the sketch, too!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Rosemary!!! Love your beautiful hydrangea and the dotted strip and that butterfly is just stunning!!! Wonderful combination of colours you have worked with !!!!! So beautiful!!!
Enjoy the time with your niece!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hugz

Kara Lynne said...

Your combination of stamps work together beautifully! It's such a pretty card, Rosemary!

Martha said...

OH MY, Rosemary, this is simply beautiful. Your collage-stamping & designs always make me stop to admire every detail. I love it! It's a "Winner", for sure!

Hope you had a wonderful visit with your niece.
Family is SO precious!

Anita in France said...

Soft, elegant and so lovely, Rosemary ... a real feminine beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary what a lovely card for your niece for her baby shower, she will love it! Your design is lovely. So wonderful that you are getting to see her, it is very hard when family is separated by geography! Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF....this is another beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us :) !!! Hugs, ~S~

Teresa Kline said...

hello! so pretty, I luv the design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I love your choice of flowers and sweet butterfly, and the border of dots is so clever! Another lovely birthday card!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous layers Rosi, I love that butterfly and colors.

Kim S said...

A wonderfully creative use of the sketch!! LOVE the big flower and butterfly - the dots across the center are true to the sketch and add such interest!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.