"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 29, 2016

congrats!

Hey friends!!  Well... the weekend is upon us!  Have a card to share that I started last night and finished up this morning before I took my little to school.  Been struggling all week with one thing or another so I pretty darn excited that I actually got something made!  I used the current colors from Color Throwdown along with the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week is anything goes at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge so I will be posting my card there, as well.   Did some simple watercoloring of the background using SU!'s Night of Navy ink.  The die is from Simon Says Stamp that I die cut twice and adhered together.  I signed up for the current Online Card Classes Clear & Sheer class and during one of the lessons Jennifer McGuire showed a technique add some shine to your die cut words using embossing powder.  I followed the general idea, but used Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder to give the die cut some sparkle.  After my panel was dry I die cut it and some navy cardstock.  A quarter inch of the panel was cut off the end and a quarter in was cut off the end of the navy cardstock.  The two were adhered together in the back using some washi tape and then adhered to my card base.  Added the sentiment and some wood veneer stars that were ink and embossed with the same embossing powder.  Super simple, but given my week simple was about all I could manage, lol!  I included a close up of the die cut so you can see a bit more of the sparkle. 


Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, Ranger watercolor paper, Bazzill navy blue, PTI Harvest Gold; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Night of Navy, So Saffron (SU!), VersaMark watermark ink; Judikins Iridescent Sparkle EP

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous as always!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, what a great design!! This is awesome Rosemary!!

karen h said...

Gorgeous card! Love the watery background and the sparkly sentiment.

Wanda Cullen said...

Rosemary, this is a fabulous design!! I signed up for that class as well but haven't gotten to that lesson yet and no time to practice anything. Thanks for joining us at CTD this week...I always love your work!

Karren said...

So beautiful and striking!

Christine said...

Great card Rosy!!
Christine

Martha said...

Rosemary, you've used the colors & sketch so beautifully. I love how the sparkly sentiment pops against the lovely background! Gorgeous card!

Greta said...

Wow, Rosemary! Your simple is always sensational & that applies to this card big time! I find it difficult to do watercolor backgrounds with dark colors, but yours is perfect! This would be so awesome for kids graduating from my high school with the blue & gold color scheme! Winner in my book!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this looks wonderful and the sparkle on the die cut word and the stars is soooooo lovely, Rosemary!!! I really like your fabulous bg and the cute wooden stars!!! Such a GREAT card, my friend!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!!
Hugz

paperkicks said...

Love this card! The yellow on the blue background wash is stunning!

Jen Timko said...

Such fun! The bit of sparkle along with the striking colors....wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Gayatri said...

WOW! Perfect in all ways. Love the background and pop of colour through the die cut sentiment. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx

Kim S said...

PERFECT use of the sketch (AND the colors!) Love how the sparkly congrats pops on the navy - the stars are all that is needed. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

TK said...

Wonderful! I love the colors, the design, everything!

Anita in France said...

Your shimmery sentiment glows so beautifully against that watercolour wash night sky, Rosemary ... it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

I love this!