"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, April 25, 2016

celebrate today... pti april blog hop

Hey friends!!  Popping in to share the card I made for PTI's April blog hop.  I have to admit that when I saw the inspiration piece I was pretty darn stumped as to what I would be able to make.  Last night I tried an idea, but it didn't work so I went to bed and slept on it.   When I was doing my experimenting last night I had used my distress inks so when I got up this morning I realized that I could use them with one of the Color Pop kits.  I decided to go with the Color Pop Florals kit as the flowers are closer to the circular design of the piece.  I used the Soft Stone panel that was covered with the flowers that came with the kit.   As I stenciled the flowers I tried to create the lightest color values in the inspiration piece and then stamp the darker values with the companion stamps.  I left the leaves unstamped as I liked that look.  I know I said this before, but I really love the stencils that come in the kits.  They are nice and sturdy which makes it so much easier to stencil!  I die cut the "celebrate today" three times from Fresh Snow linen cardstock and then stacked them.  The panel was die cut and adhered to a Soft Stone card base.  Finished it with the die cut sentiment.  Super simple, but I like how it turned out.  I used a ton of distress inks... will try to list all of them down below!
 Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the hop...


Supplies:  PTI Color Pop Florals kit - stamps, dies, cardstock panel and stencils; AJVD polka dot rectangle die; Cardstock:  PTI Soft Stone and Fresh Snow linen; Inks:  Distress Inks:  Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Iced Spruce, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon

24 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely multi-inking, Rosemary! Beautiful!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, I love your take on the challenge. You used the pretty colors so beautifully.

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! What a beautiful background you created! I love seeing how everyone draws from the same inspirational photo! Love your creation!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card and inking Rosemary! Love how we all came up with something so different on this one.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very pretty! Loving the ink layers.

Diana K said...

Loving this one, Rosemary. It's such a pretty card and reflects the gorgeous colours in the illustration piece very well - especially inking those leaves in that lovely grey. I'm still amazed at how much I love my Color Pops kit!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love the colours you used!

Greta said...

Beautiful floral card, Rosemary, & great use of that challenging inspiration photo!

lainey said...

I think we were all stumped with this month's challenge! But your card turned out beautiful!

Anita in France said...

What wonderful blooms, Rosemary ... soft and so delicate ... and so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Great interpretation, just lovely.

Sue said...

So pretty. I love this kit! Great take on the inspiration pic.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! I so wish I had gotten that kit, but my order was already too high that month! I did get the butterfly one this month and I have to agree that the stencils are wonderful...LOVE that they're not so flimsy like some of my other ones! Your card turned out so pretty using those colors on the neutral background and your all white sentiment just really pops! :0)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful decision and design, Rosemary! Lovely design!

Oreety said...

Very pretty...well done! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic stamping Rosemary!! Love your take on the inspiration photo!!

Carmela said...

Lovely card!!

jen said...

Your stamping and stencil ing are terrific! Love how you were inspired!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the pretty roses in pink and yellow with the soft blue-grey leaves and bg, Rosemary!!!! You did great with the somewhat difficult (to me!!!!!) inspiration photo!!!! A beautiful card!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Lisa Lara said...

This is jaw dropping beautiful Rosi. Are you kidding me? You stenciled those flowers? They look like dp. Ahmazing girl.

Karren said...

This card is amazing! Love those flowers!

Marybeth said...

Congratulations on your win Rosemary!