"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 23, 2016

birthday tulips...

Hey friends!! Popping in with... yep... another floral birthday card!  A friend recently pretty much cleaned me out of all the birthday cards I had made so I needed to make some for birthdays that are coming up soon.  I absolutely love tulips so when PTI came out with the Tulip Time stamps and dies I had to have them.  I pulled them out for this birthday card that I will be giving to my mom later this week.  I used the colors from the current Color Throwdown.  Since this card is a celebration card and uses die cuts I will be adding it to the current Time Out challenge.  I did some second generation stamping in order to be able to use just the three colors in the Color Throwdown palette.  I did experiment with layering the orange and dark pink together, but didn't like the look.  The first layer of the tulips was inked up with Melon Mambo and then stamped off on scrap paper before stamping on to the die cut.  The second layer was stamped using the Melon Mambo at full strength.  Did the same thing for the stems and leaves using Gumball Green and the little butterfly using Pumpkin Pie.  Some orange twine was tied around the tulips before adhering them to the main panel and then the butterfly was adhered to one of the tulips.  After stamping the sentiment I decided to add some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins for a little more interest.  As this is a girly card I will also be adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp fog; white; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

16 comments:

Betty said...

love your card Rosie - and the cute little butterfly is the perfect accent!

Greta said...

This is a stunner, Rosemary! I absolutely love how you tied the twine! Modern, beautiful card I'm sure your mom will love!

Lisa Elton said...

Your mom is a lucky lady to be receiving this BEAUTIFUL card!!

Martha said...

WOW, Rosemary, what a beauty this is!
You used the pretty colors SO beautifully.

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Rosie! I adore those tulips!

sandie said...

Superb stamping and lvoemhkwnthe twine holds the bunch together. Thanks for joining TO

Anita in France said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Rosemary ... such a gorgeous bouquet ... love the touch of twine that makes it 'hand tied'! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

walchowDesign said...

Stunner! the tulips look so realistic. This set is on my wishlist for a while now!

Kara Lynne said...

Your tulips are beautiful and the color challenge was a great choice! Great cards, Rosemary!

Vickie Z said...

Totally sweet!! Love the design!m so glad you joined us at CTD!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your tulips are so beautiful, Rosemary! I love that you chose pink, and your butterfly is the perfect touch! Loving your sentiment, too! Looks like I need to do a bit of PTI shopping :) Gorgeous card! Thanks for enabling...I mean encouraging me to spend!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh these Tulips are gorgeous Rosi. I love the dimension and color.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is soooooo beautiful, Rosemary!!! Love your stunning tulips and how you have stamped them with the two tone!!! The orange twine bow is really cute and the little butterfly is super sweet!!!! You've really done great with the colours!!!!! What a lovely card for your mom!!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
Hugz

Viv said...

Just Wow.....I adore this one Rosie ;) Viv xx

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful!

Shery Russ said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Thanks for sharing this at TO! :o)