"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 23, 2016

cup of cheer...

Hey friends!!  Hope your weekend is going well... for everyone of the east coast it is my hope that this snow storm ends quickly and life gets back to normal for you in short order!!  Still raining here in the PNW and while I'm getting a little tired of it I will take rain over snow any day!  All this rain makes it easy to stay inside and make cards and so I have another card to share today.  This one is for the current Merry Monday Christmas challenge to create a card with your favorite hot beverage.  My favorite hot beverage is a Starbuck's tall Chai Latte all soy... no water.   I combined it with the current Color Throwdown challenge (who can resist a color combo of pink, aqua, kraft and white??? not me, lol!!).  I used my favorite Christmas/hot beverage theme stamp set Holiday Treats from Verve.  I die cut the little go cups and then stamped one in pink and one in aqua.  The little doily I placed them on is a My Favorite Things die and then I added that to a banner cut from pink using the smallest MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax die.   The rectangle of patterned paper was die cut using a Reverse Confetti die.  I thought the main panel looked a little plain so I added some partial embossing before layering everything up.  Another quick and easy card, but I like quick and easy so it is all good, lol!!


 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, PTI kraft, Stampin Up! Pretty in Pink; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve, My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!  Pretty in Pink, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake; Stampin Up! Decorative Dots embossing folder

18 comments:

paper bag create said...

Love the colours of your card and it's so cute!! :)

Barb said...

I love those colors and you used them so beautifully, Rosie! Delightful card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cup duo on the doily, Rosemary! Just love the color combo! So glad you could play along this week on Merry Monday!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the layers and sweet polka dots Rosemary! This is a delightful card!!

Karren said...

Great use of the colors and I love that layout!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I LOVE everything about your card Rosemary!

Deanne :)

Barbara said...

Coffee is always a good idea ;-) I love that they're small-ish and allows you some white space on your card. Gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Rosemary ... you used those colours so beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Canonbury creations said...

Love the colour combo Rosie and that lovely doily die!
Val x

Kathy said...

I really love this card with its color combo! Like you, I tend to combine stamps
and dies from several companies; I guess it's OK, right? :)

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday, love the colours you used, perfect die cuts for the challenge.

Martha said...

What a darling card this is, Rosemary.
Dots always make me smile.

Greta said...

Beautiful use of the wonderful color combo & such a sweet card! Love all the elements, Rosemary! I agree--all this rain is getting to be a bit much, but wouldn't trade living in the PNW!

Petra Swart said...

Such a cute card and great use of the colours with all the white space, Rosemary!!! Love the polka dots and the sweet doily and cups!!! Chai Latte ...oh, I love it, too!!!
Hope all the rain has gone by now!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
PS. Thanks for always leaving such lovely comments on my blog, Rosemary - so sweet of you and so much appreciated!!!

Greta said...

Congrats on another shout out at MM, Rosemary!

Broni said...

This is so cute, Rosemary! I love how you used the colors for a coffee themed card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week!

Risa said...

I love your 'quick and easy' card Rosemary! Polka dots and chevron cups and lacey doily, you pulled it all together perfect!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is so sweet Rosi. I LOVE it.