"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 20, 2015

gracious words...

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a quick post of a card I made using the Viva La Verve week 3 sketch.  I'm also posting this to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge to use your favorite technique.  On Friday my Big Shot broke (boo hoo!) and so I'm now waiting for my new one to arrive.  That means I have to do things kinda "old school" and one of my favorite "old school"/techniquey things to do is paper piece.   I also used another favorite technique on this card of paper distressing.  The patterned paper is from the older My Mind's Eye Indie Chic 6x6 pad.  The stamps are from Verve:  Proverbs 16:24 Plain Jane and The Buzz stamp set.  I cut all the papers and the burlap piece and distressed all the edges.  The sentiment panel was stamped with the honeycomb image from The Buzz in yellow ink and then with the sentiment in dark brown.  I stamped the little bee hive from the set on some additional patterned paper, trimmed it out (I have the matching die, but no Big Shot equals no die cutting, lol!) and then popped it up with foam dimensionals. 


Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  PTI kraft cardstock; My Mind's Eye papers; Verve stamps; Stampin Up! inks; PTI burlap

13 comments:

Greta said...

You are the queen of distressing, Rosemary--always looks wonderful when you do it! This is beautiful--perfect use of the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Rosemary this is fabulous!! Love the texture and tattered edges. VERY pretty card. Too bad about your Big Shot. I think I would go crazy waiting for the new one to arrive!!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such an absolutely charming little card! I really like the background pattern you chose and how you also incorporated the little bit of burlap to give it some texture. I adore how you distressed the edges and then curled them up just the tiniest little bit-- what a great look! The colors are soothing and subtle and I like how the whole feel of it mirrors the sentiment you included. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely piece with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Viv said...

Such a sweet little card Rosie, great stamping and use of colour too. Hope your new machine arrives quickly ;) hugs Viv xx

SewPaperPaint said...

I am so into these monochromatic cards!!! Love your distressing and paper choice!

craftieodmae said...

Simply Gorgeous!!!
Hugs
Olga

Nancy Thomas said...

I really like all the texture and your use of that great set.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so elegant and lovely!

Greta said...

Congrats on another Verve shout-out, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... all the layering and texture is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) so elegant and gorgeous !

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful monochromatic card with so much texture on the card and love the distressing edges!

Martha said...

Sweet card, Rosemary. Love the design.

Hope you've received your new Big Shot by now.
I use mine EVERY time I create.
When Archiver's closed their stores, I bought an extra one.