"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 26, 2014

a cup of tea...

Hello... popping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  AAA - CASing Angela and Colour Me...! 


I used the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set Time for Tea Additions, as well as Whimsy Stamps Time for Tea Additions die set.  I admit that my CASE of Angela's card is a pretty loose one, but I did try to keep to the overall design of her card and even got some of the colors too.  Patterned papers are from Stampin Up! (Sunshine & Sprinkles).  I got my gold in by using some gold mirror paper which you can see peeking out underneath the black cardstock.  I did do some partial embossing of the black cardstock to break up the starkness of all that black. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; Patterned Paper:  Stampin Up!; Stamps & Dies:  Clearly Whimsy Stamps; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Embossing folder:  SU! Decorative Dots

16 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for playing at AAA CArds and I can see how Angela's card has inspired yours.

Angela said...

Well I just love your card Rosemary! The colors and white space are perfect. Thank you for playing again at AAA Cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun paper piecing - Thanks for joining in at AAA~

Deepti said...

Wow what a cool design, love tea and this card with tea makes it all the more amazing :) I love the touch of gold !

Victoria Lavender said...

Splendid take on our challenge! Very creative, wishing you luck on the other challenge too. Thanks for playing- Victoria Lavender AAA Cards

Judy1223 said...

Oooh, I'd love to have tea from THAT tea set! It would make everything better! :) Lovely card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Gorgeous color combo & love how you used them, Rosemary! The gold mirror paper is a great touch as well as the partial embossing!

Lisa Lara said...

So fun Rosi, I love how you arranged the tea set and your paper piecing is divine.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

Linda Beeson said...

How totally cute, loving the tea set. So glad you played along at AAA Cards

Canonbury creations said...

Such a fun card Rosie, I love my cup of tea and your composition is lovely:)
Val x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun paper pieced card - love your layout and how you've used this week's challenge colours. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

Anita in France said...

It's true, Rosemary ... a cup of tea does make everything better ... I can just imagine taking tea from this sweet set ... mmm, lovely! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Another really pretty card, Rosemary! I love the patterned papers you chose for your tea set, and your design is fabulous!

Loving your new 'Blog Makeover'! It's so cheerful!!!

Unknown said...

Great design! Love how you created the background with the subtle gold shimmer and arranged the teacups on the front. Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply delightful! I love how the pretty colors POP! Beautifully done!