"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Webster's Pages Blog Hop!!

Hello friends!!  Hope you have had a wonderful week!  I'm so excited because today the CardMaker blog team is participating in a blog hop with the Webster's Pages design team!1  How fun is that???   We will be showcasing the new Webster's Pages Family Traditions collection.  This collection is absolutely YUMM-O!!!   If you got here from the blog of Webster's Pages design team member Emeline Seet then you are on the right track.  If not, you will want to head over to the CardMaker blog and start there. 

As I indicated above the Family Traditions line is absolutely gorgeous and I just couldn't make one card... so I made two!!   The first card is a fairly simple one based on the sketch from Seize the Sketch.   The minute I saw the sheet of red gingham paper that is part of the collection I knew I had to make something with it.  I cut a 3 3/4 x 5" piece and matted it with white cardstock.  I cut one of the phrase strips from the "Family Time" sheet and then topped it with the yellow polka dotted paper from the "Fall Leaves" sheet that had been die cut with a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die.  I adhered these pieces to the gingham piece and then added the little resin leaf from the Family Traditions Perfect Accents collection.  As a final detail I added one of the little apple clips from the Family Traditions line and then mounted everything on a bright green card base.  Squeee!!  How cute is that little apple clip???   LOVE!!!

My second card uses the gorgeous resin frame and cameo that is also contained in the Family Traditions Perfect Accent pack.   I cut a piece of white cardstock and distressed the edges a bit.  A piece was trimmed from the Family Time sheet and the edges distressed, as well.    A strip of paper was trimmed from the "Thankful" sheet, cut down, one side punched with a spiral binder punch and then the edges distressed.  I adhered that strip to the white cardstock piece and then layered the woodgrain piece on top.  A fishtail banner was die cut from the "Fall Leaves" sheet, the edges distressed and adhered.  The word "happy" was trimmed from the "Harvest" sheet, the edges distressed and layered on top of the fishtail banner.  Finally I adhered the frame and the cameo.  My goodness... how gorgeous is that cameo???  LOVE!!!  The entire piece was also mounted on a bright green cardstock base.
Your next stop on the hop is the blog of Webster's Pages design team member Diana Brodeur.   Make sure that you stop at the Webster's Pages blog because it will be worth your while... they are giving away the entire Family Traditions collection!! 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & simply chartreuse; Papers and accessories:  Webster's Pages Family Traditions line; Punches and dies:  My Favorite Things and Stampin Up!

45 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty cards...so clean and simple. The resin pieces are incredible!

Unknown said...

Sweet cards! Love the clean lines and lovely elements! TFS!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Oh! Love the card sketch...and your take on it is beautiful Rosemary!! Great use of this fun collection! xo

Oksana said...

absolutly amazing cards!
I'm in love with this frame)

Unknown said...

Love the texture of the prints combined with the cameo. Thank you for the inspiration Rosemary

Unknown said...

Wow, really nice cards, both of them, even though I like the second most. The first one is too simple for me, but I guess you can always add something later ^_^
Then the second one has some of my favorite colors, so that can be the reason...=)

Evelyn Walter said...

Very nice cards! I´d wish, I could work so clean and simple like you!

judkajudi said...

Oh, you are right. That paper is scrumptious!! Love the cards you made... so many adorable details.

Unknown said...

Cute

Unknown said...

Clean and full of attention for details love it.

loulou said...

Great card. I love these papers and the cameo is gorgeous.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are so sweet and great CAS designs.

walchowDesign said...

How did you do it? Such a simple sketch but your designs are always eye catching, Rosie!

Anne Harada said...

Oh my word that cameo is awesome!! I love the CAS card too, totally works!!

Meg said...

Love how you've blended the wood texture with the cameo!

Svetlana said...

Lovely cards! great work with the sketch !

AllyKate said...

I love your work.

Sheila H said...

Love these - CAS and so pretty!

langeatheart said...

Great cards! I love how you've left the background to speak for itself. Just gorgeous! All the best and thank-you!:)

Deepti said...

Oh my my..., I have missed these winning beauties lately :) I in love with both the card :)

Anonymous said...

These are both super, Rosemary ... my fave is the first ... love the simplicity and those fabulous little apple and leaf details! Anita :)

Ann said...

Wonderful CAS cards, love how you showed off the fun DP with the white space.

~amy~ said...

super cards...love your take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Great cards, I LOVE the second with the embellishments!

Sue D said...

Both cards are wonderful!

Lisa C. said...

So beautiful!

M.Letizia said...

Clean and simple! I love your cards!

Paula said...

Two sweet cards! You've given me some inspiration today, thank you!

Greta said...

Wow--what neat products & you've used them beautifully! Love both cards, especially the second one!

Anonymous said...

I love the resin frames and the cameo. The gingham card is clean and simple. Very pretty. The wood grain is great. It would be one of my favorites to use for my greeting cards. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry Butcher said...

Wonderful way to really show case the camo with the rose. Love it's colors and simple style. TFS.

Iris said...

Great card - love the woodgrain piece and the cameo.
isoscia at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

Love both cards. I love all those papers and elements

Pam said...

Sweet cards ! That little apple paper clip is adorable !

Stampn' Papper Scrapper said...

thanks for sharing I love the sweet and simple look !! You can do so much with so little yet make a wonderful card!! love the clip.

Jean Bullock said...

You chose two of my favorite backgrounds for your lovely cards. Delightful!

Unknown said...

Both are beautiful cards. My favorite is the second on though. I love wood grain look.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fabulous clean and simple cards! Just in love with the Webster's Pages beautiful embellishments especially on the second card!

Myoriah said...

I can't decide which card is my favorite. The sketch card is simple but in its' own way elegant with that paperclip. Love the other card also with the distressed look to it. It is so perfect with the cameo. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration for using this collection.

Deborah said...

Both of your cards are wonderful the first one is simple but effective and the second one is so lovely with the cameo TFS

Unknown said...

Love the woodgrain paper.

Leslie Kiley said...

Beautiful Simplicity! Love these cards! Thanks for sharing

Brooke said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary!

Benwah said...

The simplicity of the first card is so striking. Love the 2nd card.
Thanks
Beneta
slayer2b@hotmail.com

Michelle said...

Awesome cards! LOVE the papers and resin embellishment!