"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 27, 2013

sharing a couple of cards...

Hello friends!!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  The persistent fog that we have been experiencing here in my little corner of the world seems to have finally lifted, thankfully!  It was getting a bit creepy!!  Anywhoo... as my title indicates I have a couple of cards to share.  Normally I don't post multiple cards for multiple challenges, but since both cards use My Favorite Things stamps and dies I decided to post them together.


The first card is for the current MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  A nice, simple layout that you can take in many directions.  I decided to pull out my MFT Snowflake Doily Die-namics die and cut one from some gold glitter paper from Stampin Up! (SU! calls it "champagne", but to me it is definitely not champagne it is gold!).   I embossed the cardstock background with my swiss dot folder and then added the sentiment (from MFT's Seasonal Sentiments set) that I stamped on cream cardstock using burgundy ink and then die cut with a MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die.  It is super easy to fishtail both ends of your banner with these dies since they have a see through plastic back to them which allows you to position the banner in just the right spot so the sentiment is center properly.


The second card uses the current layout from CAS(E) this Sketch and the current Dynamic Duos color combo.  I think my idea for this card was a good one I'm just not sure that I executed it very well.  I combined two different MFT sets, Homespun Hearts and Abstract Art (hey... that rhymes, lol!) with several MFT dies, Hi Rise Alpha lower case, MFT/LLD Lead the Way and MFT/LJD Rustic Hearts.   I think in retrospect I would have cut the arrow portion a little shorter so that it didn't extend to the edge of the card.  I also think I should have added in some other neutral colors besides white.  The whole card just seems a bit too stark (okay... so I can hear my friend Sue laughing right now!  Yes, Sue... I do love my white space, but even I know when things are just a bit too stark, lol!!) But that is card making for you... a live and learn process!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  1st card:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream & Fine Linen; SU! glitter paper; Stamps:  MFT Seasonal Sentiments; Dies:  Snowflake Doily & Fishtail Flag Stax dies; Ink: SU! Bravo Burgundy

2nd card:  Cardstock:  PTI Plum Pudding & white; Stamps:  MFT Homespun Hearts & Abstract Art; Ink:  SU! Wisteria Wonder, PTI Plum Pudding; Dies:  MFT/LLD Lead the Way, MFT/LJD Rustic Hearts

21 comments:

Christine said...

Hello Rosy,
Both are great! Also your other cards are very beautiful as always.
Hug
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I love your first card, it has wonderful texture, also the colour palette is very appealing.
Ha, Ha, now I am going to surprise you as even though there is so much White on your second, and I would always want to fill it up, this particular design would be spoiled if you did.
I love the colour palette, Grey is not a hue I ever use, I guess if I were nit picking I would perhaps have made the Heart a different colour. I had a smile Rosie, I hope I am not making you second guess on your CAS style. I know many are going to fall in love with this design, as it is a beautiful clean card and very kind to the eye. I would not change the arrow. Isn't it wonderful how different we all are?
Have a great week
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

I like both card, especially the first one with that gorgeous snowflake die! I just got glitter paper for 25 cents a sheet from a store going out of business & a snowflake was my first thought. I like the arrow all the way to the edge, but maybe another color is needed--still looks great to me!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE both of your AWESOME cards, Miss Lady!! :)

Anonymous said...

Both fabulous, Rosemary, the first texture-y, glittery and full of wonderful richness ... the second cool, CAS and completely gorgeous ... I love it! Anita :)

Barb said...

Beautiful work, as always, Rosie! Love that fab sparkle on your first card and the wonderful CAS design of your second! :)

Robin K. said...

I just scored some of that SU glitter paper at a garage sale- I will definitely be CASEing your first card! And I
Ike your second card- I'm not a big fan of the dynamic duo colors to begin with and think this design would work well with other colors too:)

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. These are amazing cards. When are we getting together next?

craftieodmae said...

both are gorgeous Rosemary!!!!

judkajudi said...

My favorite of these two wonderful cards is the second, because I seem to be totally incapable of making a card like this!! The colors are awesome, the graphics just right ... your work is always perfect!

walchowDesign said...

Two awesome cards, Rosemary! Love the glittered snowflake with the matching bg colour!

Beverley said...

Two stunning cards. LOVE the gold glittered snowflake & the crisp whiteness of the second. Hugs Bev x

Jodi Collins said...

I LOVE both of these! GORGEOUS cards!~

Deepti said...

I simply adore these cards and I am in love with the second card, it is so cool and awesome :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so wonderful! I love your takes on the sketches!

Kim S said...

Total elegance with the MFT snowflake! And I really like the second one. I think all of the white really highlights each element in the fun sentiment.

Chrissy Larson said...

Two absolutely awesome cards! WOW!

Michelle said...

Beautiful work, Rosemary! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Cute cards Rosemary. I like how you tucked the arrow under the cute little elements! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos with us this week!

Martha said...

Rosemary, both cards are simply LOVELY! Love the designs & colors!
Well done!

Betty said...

Really pretty and I love your take on the sketch. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.