"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 15, 2013

past, present, future...

Hello friends!!   Woke up this morning to thick fog.  Since we live a on ridge above the Puget Sound and the Port of Tacoma is our neighbor, we have been hearing the foghorn all morning! (As I have been writing this post it has started raining and there is thunder and lightening.  It is a bit weird, though, because it is still foggy and so I haven't actually seen any lightening...just heard the thunder!) Have a little card that I made using another one of the Penny Black "Colorful Christmas" color combos.  I hope that you have checked out all five of the combos and are going to play along.  There are three prizes up for grabs... who doesn't like prizes???


The layout for my card is based on the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I used the following Penny Black stamps:  winter berries (4273K) and time (4261F).  My card is fairly simple, but a little labor intensive because it involves stamping the "winter berries" image multiple times.  I cut my piece of Rustic White cardstock to size and then began stamping portions of the image using Hero Arts Field Greens ink.  I then layered on VersaMagic Aloe Vera ink and finished with VersaMagic Thatched Straw.   The sentiment was stamped using Tuxedo Black ink.  I mounted the piece on some PTI Fine Linen cardstock to bring in the fourth color in the combo.  I recently purchased a couple of Zig Wink of Stella markers and used my green one to add a little bit of glitter to some of the dark green dots, but it doesn't really show up. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White & Fine Linen; Stamps:  Penny Black; Inks:  Tuxedo Black, Thatched Straw, Aloe Vera, Hero Arts Field Greens; Zig Wink of Stella Green marker.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rosemary, this is so lovely ... the dots of colour on the branches are gorgeous and what a super sentiment! Anita :)

Gillian R said...

This is so so gorgeous Rosemary. Love it

Brenda said...

I just love that shadow stamping Rosemary and that stamped image is just beautiful! I may need to give it a try tomorrow! Keep indoors and stay dry!

Greta said...

Love that color combo & I "need" those stamps! Your card is just wonderful, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous piece of art............

judkajudi said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary!! And I would love to be hearing fog horns where I live.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful shadow stamping!

Deepti said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card... I love it, the two tones of green :)

Jen W. said...

I love the effect from stamping the berries in multiple colours and that sentiment is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Penny Ward said...

How Gorgeous is this card ?!? Simple but so elegant! Great job!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Michelle said...

Awesome stamping, as always, Rosemay!

Jill said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the tweet from PB!