"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 23, 2013

a card.... and another request

Hello friends!!  Happy Saturday!!  Got a bit of time in this morning to make a card for several challenges:  Less is More (paper piercing), ColourQ (color combo) & CAS(E) this Sketch.  But before I get to my card I have a little request.  I have been participating in a contest over at the Practical Scrapper blog and I have made it to the top ten!!  I would love to make it to the top five and that is where my request comes in... please check out the entries here and if you like my card I would be thrilled if you voted for me!! Thanks!!

 
Now... my card.  I used a favorite Hero Arts stamp Hydrangea and stamped it twice.  Once in Always Artichoke and once in Cherry Cobbler.  I then trimmed out the entired Always Artichoke image and the flower portion of the Cherry Cobbler image.  The two were then layered.  A piece of kraft cardstock was trimmed to correspond with the sketch and then I pierced the piece using a ruler.  I kept the piercing simple because paper piercing isn't something I do a lot of and when I do I always seem to mess it up!  The piece was then adhered to the card base, the sentiment stamped (also from Hero Arts) and then the image adhered using foam dimensionals.  A few rhinestones finished things off...   Pretty darn simple, except for all the fussy cutting!!

Thanks for stopping by

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Crumb Cake; Ink:  SU! Pool Party, Always Artichoke & Cherry Cobbler; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Rhinestones:  SU!

32 comments:

Gillian R said...

Very beautiful & elegant. Well done on combining so many challenges

Loli said...

Hola Rosigirl, what beautiful stamp, i love your hydrangea, stunning!!, goregeous card Rosemary.
A warm hug from cold Palma 6oC, at last cold!!!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card... Love that flower...,
Hugs Sylvie xxx

craftieodmae said...

love this card and the butterfly card over at Practical Scrapper , I voted for you and Amber!

Canonbury creations said...

A brilliant combo of colour, techniques and challenges, well done Rosie:)
Val x

Linby said...

Love hydrangeas, beautiful card and great piercing.
Linbyx

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful Rosemary, beautiful design.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

stunning rosi.. love the colours

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Michelle said...

Ah! My favorite Hero Arts flower! So lovely, Rosemary!

Kim S said...

I LOVE the flower as the top layer - absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Robin K. said...

Love seeing that hydrangea stamp in action! Very lovely! Off to vote!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
You make the Hydrangea sing!!! This card is stunningly beautiful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sheila in Cyprus said...

What a Simply Beautiful card. Love the touch of kraft.

Have placed my vote for you, I think your cards are worthy of top 5 at least!

Love Sheila x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosie, that bloom is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Jane Willis said...

what a gorgeous card, the hydrangea really pops out

Lynne said...

Love this Rosie. Fabulous design and that stamp is gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Greta said...

I absolutely loved your entry card--would have voted for it even if you weren't my friend! Stiff competition, though--am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Loved this card the second I saw it--wonderful choice of colors & perfect paper piercing!

Ardyth said...

Great use of those colours. I love the contrast between the casual draft and the elegant bling and the flower. Really pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing bloom ... all the more so as it's popped up on dimensionals.

I voted for you ... IMHO, head and shoulders above the rest!

Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this! Awesome use of the sketch~

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful card. Very clever trick about inking that stamp up twice and then cutting it out. I need to remember that.

Darnell said...

That's a favorite stamp of mine, too, Rosemary, and I adore how you've showcased it to nail all these challenges!!

Voted, happily. I love that you are at the top of the list, too!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, Voting done:0) Good luck and well done for your progress so far, lovely card:0)
This card is beautiful too, the hydrangea popped up on top of the kraft card looks gorgeous, Hugs Gay x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Rosemary! Ihave saved it in my inspiration file as I would love to CASE it sometime, if that's okay?

Off to vote - good luck!
xx

Sparkly Engineer said...

I always like hydrangea cards. They were the flower from my wedding. I particularly like the way the craft color block accents the flower

Sylvia said...

Beautiful designed card, Rosemary, love all the white space! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at the colourQ.

Jen W. said...

Love ho you used those masculine colours to make such a gorgeous card! And your fussy cutting is amazing! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I voted for you - good luck on making the top 5!

Great Hydrengea card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card- I love the hydrangea image. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp. xx

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, the Hydrangea is gorgeous and love how you used those awesome colours :0)
Jenny x

Carole Campanile said...

Perfect as always Rosemary. Great work on the sketch and your piercing is a great touch.

Unfortunately I was too late to vote. :( It's 2am here and I thought I'd get in a few comments before I head off to work.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog; it's much appreciated. Hopefully I can squeeze in more crafting time in the months to come.

Hugs,
Carole