"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

CCC #14.... Holly Wears the Crown

{for my shining the light card please scroll down or click here}

hello friends!  i'm back with my card for this week's CASology challenge.  the cue word this week is leaf.  all the details for the challenge can be found here.  our fabulous guest designer this week is the talented bridget finlay!!  





now when i saw the cue word i did initially think to do a fall card because was says fall more than beautiful fall leaves.  but then i remembered that i had just gotten a box of PTI goodies that included the new holiday button bits dies and i decided to go with a christmas card.  i also recently purchased the jumbo fishtail flag stax dies from my favorite things and had been wanting to use them on a card, so i combined the two.   i used the largest die in the jumbo fishtail flags stax dies to cut the white piece and then popped it up on a white card base.  the holly image was die cut and then stamped with the corresponding image from holiday button bits.  some dark red buttons and a white twine bow were added to complete the image.  the sentiment (from the pti set merry little christmas) was stamped in red on white cardstock and then die cut using the original my favorite things fishtail flag stax die set.  super simple and i love, love, love how it turned out.   i'm going to pop this into the moxie fab world world cardmaking day christmas card challenge, as well.

thanks for stopping by....

supplies:  cardstock:  pti white; stamps:  pti; dies:  pti and my favorite things; ink:  stampin up!; buttons:  pti; twine:  montana misfits

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, your button berries are fab.

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous Christmas card Rosie, love the layout and the sentiment:)
Val x

Barb said...

Rosie, this is just gorgeous!

Benzi said...

What a great holly die and I love the sentiment you've used with it. Gorgeous card!

Greta said...

You've done it again--one of my favorite cards, Rosemary! Now I see what the jumbo fishtail dies are for!

kingstonmama said...

I love your holly! Beautiful card.

Christine said...

Gorgeous Christmascard Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Jen W. said...

That's one of my favourite Christmas songs! I almost went for holly as well this week but glad I didn't after I saw your fabulous polka dot holly leaves!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love that big fishtail banner.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary your "cue word" cards are fantastic. I enjoy seeing your designs and reading how the challenge word inspired you.

craftieodmae said...

you never let us down with one of your beauties! Love this one!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the holly with the pretty buttons, and that fishtail tag is perfect. Simply beautiful!

Darnell said...

This is so pure and so lovely, Rosemary. I adore hollies and love how you've designed and executed this beauty!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the button berries!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow, Rosemary! This is so gorgeous!

Aileen said...

I love your shiny button berries. Fab Christmas card. x

Melissa said...

This is absolutely fantastic, Rosemary! I LOVE all the white and the buttons for berries is genius! :)

Sharron said...

Beautiful! I love all the white and the holly with the wonderful shiny buttons! That sentiment is perfect too.

Jean said...

This is gorgeous and still CAS!

Ardyth said...

Love your Christmassy leaves, Rosemary! A clever take on the cue card!

Carol L said...

Those holly leaves look so cute with the red buttons! I especially love that over-sized banner panel! Very pretty card.

Michelle said...

Holy smokes...this card is simplicity at it's best! Love the holly leaves and button berries!