"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Let Your Dreams...

Hello, friends!!   Seems like ages since I last posted, but it has only been a few days.  I'm in a bit of a crafting funk right now and not feeling very creative.    Not sure what is going on, but I have been feeling like I need to just take a bit of a creative break.   Even though I have been feeling that way I did manage to make a couple of cards today.  I will be sharing one in a few days and the other one I'm going to share right now.  I made this one for the current Frilly & Funkie challenge to use kraft and twine.  When I saw that challenge I just had to play along as I just love creating with kraft cardstock.    The layout is from the current Deconstructed Sketch (I am really lovin' the Deconstructed Sketches!).



I went with a teal, white and kraft combo.  This came about based on the patterned papers that I pulled from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart 6x6 pad.   All that stamps used are from the Taylored Expressions set Be Amazing.   I followed the sketch very closely and kept things very simple.  I brought in a bit of funky on the card by using some corrugated cardstock that I got from the Funkie Junkie Etsy shop.   A bit of frilly was brought into the project by distressing the edges a bit and adding the little rose to the center of the little butterfly (Part of a little gift that I received with my last purchase from the Funkie Junkie.  Please take a moment to check out Linda's shop... she has LOTS of really fun items!).   The twine (from PTI) ended up being a bit on the thin side and so I'm not completely satisfied with it, but it is what it is!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Corrugated CS - Funkie Junkie; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Twine:  PTI; Rose:  unknown; Ink:  SU! Taken with Teal & Crumb Cake

13 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Sorry to hear you are in a creative block, it does happen as we all know,the good news is, it will pass.
A card that feels warm and earthy, your neutral tones are only sparked by your Teal Blue, but it still portrays a muted palette.you have created plenty of texture with the corrugated cardboard, and dimension with your butterfly and flower. It is pleasing to see an added interest for the eye in the bottom (R) hand corner, I like that very much.
If I can organise myself I hope to enter this Challenge also.
Smiles:)
Sue

Nona said...

Love how this turned out, Rosemary. Beautiful layering and different textures, especially what you've done in the lower right corner. So delightful! I hope you're out of the creative funk soon. Though it's so nice too see create such beautiful cards despite that. I wish I could do that!

craftieodmae said...

you Rock girl!!! Take a break and it'll be ok!!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card again Rosie,just keep on making them, they all look great to me :) Viv xx

Christine said...

Beautiful card Rosy! Take your time girl and before you know, it's all ok!
big hug
Christine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely colours on this card, love the twine and the cardstock

Grace said...

No creative slump here Rosemary!!! Love this crafty beauty! We all feel it sometimes... but I'd never know it from this!!!

Robin K. said...

Wish I "slumped" like you do Rosemary!! I love this color combo, the distressing and how you used the twine in your design!

Greta said...

Wow! You never cease to amaze me, Rosemary! How can you make terrific cards when you're not feeling creative? Wish it'd rub off on me--LOL!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary it looks like you kept your creative funk tucked in some far corner because this card is WONDERFUL!!!

mary b. said...

Oooh! I like! This is so pretty and elegant. I like how you designed it. Definitely one of my favs.

Michelle said...

where is this creative block you mentioned...this is one of my favorite cards you created!!! love all the elements you added!

Tammy Roberts said...

Love your card! Fabulous details... thanks for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie!