"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 22, 2012

Kitchen Inspired... OLW93

Hello, friends!!  Happy Friday!  Here with a card for the current One Layer Wednesday challenge (93).  OLW is another "just for fun" challenge that I used to do all the time and now I'm trying to get back into the habit of playing along each week.  This week Heather Telford is the challenge host and she has asked us to make a one layer card inspired by something in our kitchen.  I'm going to be real honest here, but I'm not one of those people who can look at something in their house and make a card based on it.  But I decided to have a go since I need to get outside my box.  


My card was inspired by a bottle of anti-bacterial hand soap from Bath & Body Works.  As I looked around my kitchen for something, anything, to inspire me, my eyes zeroed in on that bottle because of the lush pears on the label.  The scent of the hand soap is pears and let me tell you that soap really does smell like pears.... so yummy!  Anywhoo... inspired by the beautiful pears on the label I got out a Stampin Up! set called "Faith in Nature".  All of the images are a kinda collage style and one is of a pear.  I stamped the image using Memento Bamboo Leaves and then colored it with Copic markers (after coloring two test images to figure out exactly how to color the pear).  The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black.   I admit... not super inspired, but I'm trying!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Ink:  Memento; Copic Markers

13 comments:

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary - I love pears! Have seen this image before, but no one ever identified it - thanks for that!

Carole Campanile said...

Well done Rosemary!! I love that set and especially that stamp! It's perfect for a OLC.

TFS
Carole

Jan Castle said...

I think your card fit the challenge beautifully! Well done!!!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful from inspirational soap dispenser to gorgeous card!

Christine said...

Nice how you found your inspiration! A very beautiful stamp and great colour!
Hug
Christine

kingstonmama said...

I love it, Rosemary. That pear is so beautifully colored. It's perfect. Ann Y.

Canonbury creations said...

I love that stamp Rosie and you've coloured it beautifully!
Val x

Jenny said...

What a great source of inspiration, your card is gorgeous Rosemary :0)
Jenny x

Greta said...

Wonderful coloring of the pear, Rosemary & I love this card! Great use of your inspiration piece. You don't give yourself enough credit, my friend!

Darnell said...

It's really stunning, Rosemary! I can almost smell that pear, which is a favorite aroma of mine, AND, that stamp set, the pear especially, is a favorite of mine. Super CAS and super pretty!

Heather T said...

Your card is lovely, especially your superb colour on the pear which is set off by all the crisp white space.

Michelle said...

Outstanding! You have an enormous talent for CAS designs! Love what inspired you!

Cheryl said...

Rosemary, Your card is stunning! The coloring on your pear is gorgeous. It's the perfect image for a one-layer card.

Thanks for joining us this week.