"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 5, 2012

thinking of you...

Hey there... have a little card I made for this week's Make It Monday over at PTI.  This week the technique is all about second generation stamping.  I haven't had the opportunity to do a MIM challenge in a few weeks so thought I would get something made for this week's challenge.  I used the current ColourQ combo for the card... although I admit I'm probably stretching it a bit in that my white isn't a bright, crisp white, but a soft, creamy white.



For the card I used the PTI Botanical Silhouettes set, stamping the flowers using SU!'s Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron.  As I was doing the second generation stamping I wasn't sure the lighter shade of the yellow would show up well, but after taking the photo I was so happy to see that it did.  The little pleating detail (an idea I got from Nichole Heady) was created using some SU! designer paper that has the peachy color required for the ColourQ challenge in it.   I used PTI's Sweet Blush double stitch ribbon in place of the Blushing Bride (pink) color.   The sentiment, also from Botanical Silhouettes, was stamped using kraft ink.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white; DP:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Stamps:  PTI; Ribbon:  PTI

15 comments:

Lin said...

So pretty, Rosemary - love these soft warm colors!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

So many things to love! I keep forgetting to try that popped up layer using the same card stock, which I love. And your execution of the generational stamping is flawless. And then that pleat, shut up, I have not seen that. Looks like a winner to me!

~amy~ said...

wow...super pretty...thanks for the inspiration...I haven't inked up that set yet.

Nancy said...

This turned out so nice, Rosemary! Your use of this technique is wonderful! Love it!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, this is so lovely! beautiful stamping and pleats!

Brenda said...

You've made me want to pull out this stamp set again! I love what you did with it! Such a soft, pretty card Rosemary!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! Wonderful color combo--guess I should be checking them out. Your second generation stamping is perfect & I love the pleated row. Fantastic card!

Karen said...

Lovely card. It's a perfect stamp set for this technique, and I really like the Rustic White card stock with the soft ink colors.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, and images, Rosemary, love the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

kingstonmama said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Rosemary. Those flowers look fabulous using the Make It Monday technique. Gorgeous ribbon and pleating, too. ann

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful softness! Sending you early Easter wishes Rosemary!

Jenny said...

So soft and dreamy! I love that pleated paper too.....beautiful card :0)
Jenny x

LeAnne said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty....what a stunning creation! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ challenge this week! Your pleated paper really makes this stand out!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love the ruffle! so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

One of my favourite stamp sets, congrats Courtier!