"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, September 23, 2011

Turn Your Face.....

Hey there!  Friday at last!!  Looking forward to the weekend.  My card today is for the current challenge over at the Shabby Tea Room called "Vintage White".  Just look at that beautiful inspirational photo... who wouldn't love to curl up in front of that fireplace with a nice hot cup of coffee, tea or cocoa??   I'm really psyched to play along this week because this is my in real life friend Cindy's first outting at a "Shabby Girl"!!  Yep Cindy is on the Shabby Tea Room design team! YAY!!!  I can't tell you how excited I was for her when she was able to spill the beans about her dt position!!!    I'm also putting this card into this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge to get "All Dolled Up".   And as I finished the card I realized it would work for this month's Bringing Back Beautiful challenge, too, which is to make a monochromatic card.



The cardbased is PTI's kraft and then the main panel is a premade cardstock piece that I recently got from Stampin Up! that I just trimmed down to fit the card front.  I stamped the small sunflower image from the Flourishes Sunflowers set on the piece using SU! Crumb Cake ink and then distressed the edges.  The sentiment, also from Sunflowers was stamped on Vintage Cream cardstock using the Crumb Cake ink and diecut using a Spellbinders Label 14 die.  The piece was distressed with Old Page distress ink and the Want2Scrap Nestabling added.   The patterned paper strip (also from Stampin Up!) was added along with some cream seam binding from SU!.  The flowers are Prima Fairytale roses.  The leaves were die cut using a Taylored Expressions die.

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooh! Love this vintagey look Rosemary! I love those soft beige colours! Love the sentiment panel with the bling all around! I still don't know how you manage to combine so many challenges, and the fact that you remember them all! Yikes!

Cindy Holshouser said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S card Rosemary. Man do I love that sentiment. It's perfect with the patterned paper and the little flower arrangment. The polka dot leaves are so darn cute. Thanks for entering your card in the Tea Room this week. I am having a blast doing my first design work!

Jenny said...

I love this so much, the shabby 'off white' reminds me so much of my nans dressing table bits and bobs that I used to sort through when I was younger :)
Beautiful card.
Jenny x

Scrumplescrunch said...

LoVE it.... LoVE it!
More than any other palette, the neutral tones are a favourite of many, they express an element of simplicity and timelessness. There is a classic feel to your card Rosie and it invokes a friendly warmth and dependability. A gorgeous Card, and as always leaving a huge (well to me it is) negative space which is so you, but it works so well.
Smiles:)

Naomi said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS, Rosie! I just love that Flourishes set...one of my faves and love the seam binding, flowers, and leaf die-cuts!

Theresa said...

Rosemary this is GORGEOUS!! I totally love it. Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

Barb said...

Oh, Rosie, in my opinion, this is what you do best. Gorgeous, vintage card! Amazing framed sentiment and I adore your dotty leaves, mixed in with the pretty bow and roses! LOVE!

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECTLY GORGEOUS!!~

Heather Rogers said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the soft color palette and added bling. :)
Hugs,
Heather

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! Wow! Love the bling too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Saints Rule! said...

SO pretty Rosemary! I just love the tone on tone... so beautifully subtle.. Stunning!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Monochromatic card!!! Love the way you stamped the BG and the sentiment is fabulous!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFL!!! I love the background floral paper and the gorgeous cluster of leaves and flowers! The bling looks awesome!

Elizabeth Allan said...

A timeless beauty Rosemary!

Silke Ledlow said...

Rosemary, your card is timeless and simple BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for joining in the fun....hugs ~S~

Elise said...

Not too shabby YOURSELF, Rosie, darlin'! THIS is the card creation equivalent of that LOVELY inspiration, if ever I saw some!!!! LOVE it, m'dear! Huge CONGRATS to Cindi, and kudos to YOU for ALL of our darling enthusiasm and support! Wonderful combination!!!