"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, September 16, 2011

Flourishes Friday...

Hey there!! Happy Friday!  Have two cards for two of the Flourishes release week challenges.  Once, again, Flourishes is releasing some absolutely amazing sets and if you haven't checked it out, you really should!  Love my Flourishes stamps!!

First up is a card for their sketch challenge.   For my card I used some of my favorite new patterned papers from My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2 - Blush collection.  Oh heck.. I should just be honest and admit that I LOVE all the papers from the Lost & Found 2 collection.  I was able to get my hands on the Blush, Breeze, Sunshine and Rosy collections (papers, buttons & pearl flourishes) through this neat little website called Flowers to Flourishes.  Each day they have a new deal on the latest papercrafting products... check'em out!  Okay... back to the card.  The image is from the Flourishes set Orchids.  I colored it up with some Copic markers (sorry I don't have the colors) and then trimmed it out.  In Blush collection there are a couple of sheets that have little labels printed on them.  I stamped the sentiment in one of them and trimmed it out.  The little ribbon banner finished it off.



Okay... now for the 2nd card (I will try to not be so long winded!).  This challenge is called Three's A Charm and we are required to use three layers on our card.  My layers are the card base, the middle cardstock mat and then the main panel.  Went super simple and stamped one of the fern images from the Ferns & Fiddleheads set using some Ranger Crushed Olive distress ink twice on paper from the MME Breeze 6x6 pad.  The sentiment was also stamped using the Crushed Olive.   Some distressing was done on the card, as well.



Thanks for taking a look...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Cream & Kraft; PP:  My Minds Eye Blush & Breeze; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Crushed Olive; Pearls:  Basic Grey; Ribbon:  PTI; Copic markers

12 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful images and pp and love the soft pink of the flowers! Gorgeous fern stamp, has such an elegant flair to it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Ahhh Rosemary you've done it again! Can't pick a favorite... The flowers trailing off of the edge of the first card is wonderful and I love the serene look of the second design. Great ideas paired with fabulous colors.

Stacy Morgan said...

Your orchids card is so feminine and beautiful. I like that you cut out the flowers, great detail work. Your second card is very fall and warm feeling. Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenges.

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful cards Rosie, I particularly love the one with the ferns:) Gorgeous papers ans stamps!
Val x

Christine said...

Two beautiful cards! I can't make a choise because I love them both!
Christine

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Rosemary! I just love the image you selected and those soft pinks... DELISH!!! You are on fire GF!!!! Blessings...

Brenda said...

I love that Blush paper pack too! Your cards are superb Rosemary! I adore the fern on that second card, stunning!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Sigh...Rosemary, your cards are both stunning! I love the way you cut out the soft pink orchids on the first, and warm browns and greens on the second. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

Jenny said...

Love all the distressed edges Rosemary and your pink orchid flowers look so realistic :)
Gorgeous cards.
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Rosemary, both cards are stunning! I love the new flourish stamps, esp the orchids!

Elise said...

It's like a FESTIVAL for the creative eye around here, my friend! LOOK at you and these GORGEOUS creations - you have, once again - NAILED IT! Love these both, to pieces! YOUR color work and detail and to DIE for! LOVE your work {and YOU, too!} WAHOOOO!

Greta said...

Your cards are so artistic, Rosemary! You always inspire me!