"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 18, 2011

When I'm Down...

Hi there!! It's been a beautiful week here in Washington with sunshine every day!!  I think this is our first long stretch of sunshine all summer! 



Have a card that I made for the current color challenge over at JayGee's Nook to use the color purple.  I have been eyeing the monthly challenges there for awhile and finally got a chance this month to play along.    For this card I used some Stampin! Up Concord Crush patterned paper and cardstock and Ranger's Dusty Concord distress ink.  The pinwheel was created using the pinwheel die from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment is from the stamp set that comes with the die.   I have to admit that in my photo the color looks more blue then purple, but I promise you the color is purple.   The background was created using the Hero Arts design block Envelope Pattern.

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Concord Crush; PP:  SU!; Ink:  Ranger Dusty Concord; Stamps:  Hero Arts & My Favorite Things; SU! punch; purple gems; My Favorite Things pinwheel die

17 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is fabulous Rosemary. I love the pinwheel - your choice of papers is perfect. I also really love the way you put those little notches at the end of the sentiment strip. So glad you got the chance to join us at Jay Gee's this month :)

Brenda said...

Oh! How beautiful! I love that pinwheel and the fantastic sentiment! (Thanks for your very sweet comment today Rosemary!)

Saints Rule! said...

I love pinwheels and in particular how you incorporated it into your card! Purple is one of my favs as well and you certainly made it sing!

Barb said...

What a neat take on the inspiration photo, Rosie! Just love that big pinwheel!

Nancy said...

I love your take on the inspiration, Rosemary! I am happy for you that the sun is shinning! It always does wonders for me! I love your sentiment too!

craftieodmae said...

how clever!!!! This is awsome, love the pinwheel!!

Loli said...

Hello Rosigirl from my vactions place, fantastic card, Rosemary, very, very original card, i love it.
Thank you for your visit another week.
A big hug from Cala Rajada, Palma

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fun, fun, fun Rosemary.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and very clever. Love it1 xx

joy said...

This is a "pretty in purple" card, Rosie! I love the sentiment too. Thanks for your recent comments on my blog - they mean so much to me!

Elise said...

'Round, round, round, like a RECORD, baby! Yeahooooooooo! THIS is such fun, Rosebud! Just takes me back to "early" pin wheel fascination! JUST as much magic, right here! GREAT work, my lovely and incredibly talented friend! Yipeeeee!

Michelle said...

so sweet! I love the pinwheel and the sentiment!

susanne said...

So sweet with your pinwheel Rosemary and I adore your sweet sentiment!

Greta said...

Just adorable! So clever!

GinaA said...

This card is so smart, the windmill would make another perfect entry for LIM. Fab colour

Unknown said...

Very fun and playful. I love the patterned paper you chose.

Jani
www.papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us this month ... cheers Ange