"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch #20

I got a card done for the current Waltzingmouse sketch challenge (#20).  I was going to use some WM stamps, but instead decided to use some of my Hero Arts stamps.  I did manage to fit one WM stamp onto the card, though... the little bird cage from the Asian Garden set. 


I stamped the Scroll Vine image on cream cardstock with Ranger's Brushed Corduroy ink and then applied Barn Door & Fired Brick distress inks with the ink tool and foam pads.  I wasn't entirely happy with the color as it seemed way too bright to me.  So, I spritzed it with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch, which toned down the color a bit.  I stamped the kraft cardstock with the Music Background cling using CTMH's Daisy White ink.  The bird cage was also stamped on kraft with the white ink.  Some more Smooch was spritzed on those, as well.   I don't claim to be the best photographer and with it being a gloomy day today, it was extra hard for me to get a good picture. 

Thanks for taking a peek... hope your week has gone well!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream & kraft; Stamps:  WM Asian Garden; Hero Arts:  Scroll Vine & Music Background clings; Ink:  Ranger Brushed Corduroy, Fired Brick & Barn Door distress inks; Vanilla Shimmer Smooch; Stampin Up! hemp twine.

5 comments:

Steph Zerbe said...

What a beauty!!

Alice said...

this is beautiful, Rosemary! the red panel is stunning!

Barb said...

The shimmer on the red panel is so beautiful, Rosie (I clicked the photo to see it larger) and I love the sweet little birdcage tag! Wonderful card!

Julia Aston said...

Nice job on this! love the contrast of the panel on the kraft! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Jess said...

I love the musical stamp on white in the background! It really makes it stand out!