"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, July 12, 2010

Christmas in July...

Just squeaking in with a card for the current Flourishes challenge, FTTC74, Christmas in July.  I used the Flourishes set Poinsettia & Boxwood, along with the current sketch from WMS sketch challenge #5.  I stamped the small poinsettia from the set on PTI's Vintage Cream with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and then colored with a Prisma pencil and the blending pencil.   Since I used the WMS sketch, I incorporated a stamp from the WMS set Very Vintage Labels 3 stamped in VersaMagic Sage on PTI's Vintage Cream cs and the die cut with my Cuttlebug and corresponding die.  I'm so excited because this week I will be getting four new sets of stamps from WMS!!!  


This is one of those times I wish I had a sewing machine so I could do a bit of stitching on the card, but alas I have no space for even a tiny machine!   I used some lovely crocheted ribbon I got from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. 

Thanks for taking a peek.   Flourishes is having a 12 days of Christmas sale now through the 18th of July.  All Christmas stamps are 25% off.  Go check it out!  Hope you have a lovely day!

Supplies:  Stamps:  Flourishes Poinsettia & Boxwood; WMS Very Vintage Labels 3;  CHF - Christmas Expressions; Ink:  Memento Rhubarb Stalk; VersaMagic Sage; CS:  PTI Vintage Cream; SU! Mellow Moss; PP:  BasicGrey Wassill; Ribbon:  May Arts crochet ribbon; May Arts gold satin.

12 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty and elegant! I love the stamped sentiment! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Karen said...

Such a pretty Christmas card! I like the lace & pointsettia. :> I have a sewing machine, but I have yet to use it for papercrafting. On the occasion that I sew on a card or layout, I use a paper piercer, punch the holes & then hand sew it in. I do like to use Tim Holtz's clear grid ruler....it has a series of holes to use as a guide for piercing or sewing......and it doesn't take up any room, just slips into your tool bag! :>:> Sending out wishes for a marvelous Monday to you!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely card even without stitching - like the background paper - indeed it all pleases very much.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful design! Love the pp and the lace trim going across, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful X-mas card, Rosemary!! Wonderful DP and vintage look!
Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Jill said...

So elegant and beautiful! I really love the lace- you always embellish your cards in such pretty ways!

Unknown said...

elegant card!!!! so pretty

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! I love your DP and lovely lace! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Lory (Loryquilt) said...

So lovely card !! Ciao Lory

Elise said...

This is SO pretty, Rosie, my Rosebud! So vintagy and classy! I KNOW you would do all kinds of magic with a sewing machine, but your use of lace and ribbon SO completes this gorgeous piece! Such WONDERFUL work!

Unknown said...

This is very soft and elegant Rosemary! I love your colours! hope those sets turn up soon! Thank you for playing along with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!