"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 29, 2010

JUGs Wild Card & Color Cue #4


Since there are five Saturdays in the month of May it is "Wild Card Challenge" day over at the JUGs challenge blog.  The JUGs gals, and a lovelier group of gals you will not find, have thrown out the challenge to use the dry embossing technique.  I combined their challenge with the current Color Cue challenge over at the WPlus9Design Studio blog.  And in honor of WPlus9Design sponoring 2Sketches4You I used their Sketch #53.   I absolutely adore the WPlus9 sets Woodgrain Silhouettes and Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions and used both sets for the card.   If you have never been to WPlus9Design, you need to check the store and blog out.   Dawn, the owner, is an amazingly talented papercrafter and stamp designer.  As a matter of fact, right now she is showing sneak peaks of her newest sets and they are fabulous! 


I stamped the large woodgrain image from Woodgrain Silhouettes onto the Enchanted Evening cardstock using CTMH's White Daisy ink.   I embossed a piece of Lemon Tart using a Provo Craft embossing folder whose's name I do not know.  Stamped the flower images on PTI's white using Enchanted Evening, colored them with a blue Prisma pencil and then cut them out.  I did a little pleated ribbon treatment at the bottom. 
 
Thanks for taking a peak! 
 
Supplies:  Stamps:  Woodgrain Silhouettes & Additions - WPlus9Design Studio; Cardstock:  PTI - white; Enchanted Evening & Lemon Tart; Ink:   PTI - Enchanted Evening; Memento Dandelion, CTMH White Daisy; Provo Craft embossing folder; Fiskars corner rounder; PTI - Spring Rain - Double stitched ribbon

9 comments:

Elise said...

Rosie, my Rosebud! You could NOT have combined (3) more terrific challenges, more flawlessly! OUTSTANDING! I'm so excited, I WANT TO GO BUY SOME STAMPS from Dawn! hee hee I'm DELIGHTED to see you make such a FANTASTIC home for Woodgrain Silhouettes - and *GASP!* the COLOR! Masterful use, my friend! Clever combo of 2S4U and JUGS~Wildcard! {Growl, when you say THAT!} Challenge!!! So glad to see you at the first meeting of "Embossing Tools Anonymous!" Something tells me you'll be a mighty fine member! {Hee Hee}

We'll keep each other strong! EMBOSSING strong!

Fantastic card, fantastic gal! HAPPY SATURDAY NIGHT TO YA! xoxoxoxoxo!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhh pretty! I love the blue on blue woodgrain stamping against the soft yellow. Thank you for the wonderful comments for Just Us Girls too! We have the nicest PARTICIPANTS around!!! Another gorgeous card by you! Thanks so much for joining in again at Just Us Girls this week!

Lin said...

Oh, Rosemary, I love these colors and your card is wonderful! Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

I love that stamp - I have it too and you have inspired me to use it!!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this stamp, what a pretty card, makes me want to grab my stamps! Love the colors!

Ayana Posadas said...

Very pretty card!

Dawn said...

Beautiful. I really like how the white woodgrain looks on the blue. Ohhh and your crocus'? Fab!

Thanks for playing along!

Jessica Theodore said...

Love Love Love this card! great job with all the challenges too! xx

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!!